Monday, January 14, 2013

7/7/12 (this was written then sorry for the late post)

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry. I know it has been a while but I'm back again :) Did you miss me? Probably not but that's fine. So, it's been about months since my last post but I'm still ecstatic about my against-the-odds acceptance. Since then not much has transpired. 

School has ended for me (which I am glad about). Even though I am glad I still get subtle pangs of nostalgia every now and again. It sort of scares me to know I won't be walking into high school with my four best friends beside me. I mean, I'm practically on my own. I have to go out without knowing a soul and make friends. I've never really been the type to talk to people first but I know that in a boarding school environment it is important to talk to other people.

I've been assigned my dorm and luckily I HAVE A SINGLE! Yay! I'm a really private person at times and I think it is better that way. I've begun speaking to many of the people in more dorm on Facebook & they are delightful. I'm so excited to be residing with them. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Speaking of which, it is July so I thought it was time to begin friending students from my school. I've been boarder-line obsessive and completely meticulous about how I friend. The people who attend my school are so beautiful based on what I've seen on visits and on Facebook. I'm not sure whether that is a good or bad thing. I say July is a pretty good time to begin friending those who you will be attending school with. Friending them in the March-June months is a bit early in my opinion but I see no problem with it. I would have but I was so anxious about what they'd think of me if I did. Based on my results today (I've gained about 220 friends from my new school in the last two days). But personally, it might be better to wait until, maybe a few days before you get there or once you do.

Tip #3
Sometimes Stepping Out of your Comfort-Zone is a GOOD Thing
I can name countless times in my life where I missed out on great opportunities because I was unable to step out of my comfort zone. I mean, why chart the daunting, ominous unknown when you can stay warm and stagnant in a comfort-zone? Does staying in your comfort zone really hold you back? Of course not. Something that feels so good could not possibly have any adverse affects, right? Wrong. 

When you're in a new place the worst possible place to be (at least for me) is, in fact, the "comfort-zone". I am some what of a homebody and would rather stay home and watch Gone With the Wind than have a "wild" night, or even any type of night out with friends. Yes, I could technically be classified as introverted but I'm not. This is going to sound weird but I don't get recharged from being alone. I love being around people and laughing and having a good time but the thing that stops me is getting out is the rejection based anxiety that I sometimes have. I get really worried that people are judging me, seeing the flaws & imperfections, and thinking that I am ugly. That is the main thing that holds me back from stepping out of my comfort-zone and talking to people (especially attractive people) but I know it's necessary.

I now make a conscious effort to speak to new people that I meet.

2 comments:

  1. The school encourages morality and a strong sense of responsibility for improving the students' community.

    Boarding School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting admission to the right residential school for your children is a task that you must undertake with great care. Your Boarding School Application process must begin on time and all the relevant details and documents must be provided without fail. This will ensure the success of your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete